Saturday 8 August 2009

Natural handmade



Today's offering ... A sand castle.

Made by our own fair hands at the sandcastle competition at the Aberdour Festival. There were some amazing creations - much larger than our meagre chateau. Strangely enough, we didn't win.
But we did have fun!

It was really nice to see the beach so busy. My big sis and I used to play on the beach when we were much smaller so it was nice to be able to take my nephew down this morning and see him enjoying it just as we used to. Well, not quite as we used to - I don't remember a puppet show, loudspeakers or beach volleyball when we were young - but the sand's the same.

We went back this afternoon to see the raft race - a much more successful endeavour than the one I took part in (cough cough) 24 years ago. As I remember, that time we were dressed as babies (for some reason) and the raft only made it 10 feet from the shore before sinking and plunging us ingloriously into knee deep (cold) water! At least the 4 that were taking part this year all stayed afloat and made it round the (much longer) course.

No comments: