Monday 28 September 2009

Art for art's sake



For my last day in Bristol I decided to have a look at some culture.

First stop was Bristol City Museum and Art Gallery. The very same place that ran the hugely popular Banksy exhibition this summer. Sadly it's now over but for those like me that missed it, if you keep your eyes peeled you can see some of his work in situ outside. This one is on the side of an office just down the road. I don't know if it's genuine or added to complement the exhibition but it is impressive.

Tonight, to finish my day of culture, I'm going to Bristol Old Vic. But just now I'm worshipping at the temple of mammon, otherwise known locally as Cabot's Circus.


STOP PRESS!!!
The theatre was... well, strange. I know 6 Characters in Search of an Author is meant to be strange, but this was well wierd! I think I enjoyed it, but to be honest I'm not really that sure. Hmmm!

2 comments:

pomomama said...

shame you missed the Banksy exhibition but what a stunning piece of work on the building (shame some numpty has paintballed it!)

Bex said...

Hard to tell who paintballed it - could have been Banksy himself!!