Saturday 12 March 2011

Just when you thought it was safe...



...to put away your winter boots, down comes the snow again!

Or to be more accurate here in Stirling sadly, the sleet. I wouldn't mind so much if it was snow but this is just cold wet yuk. And I've had to cancel my day trip out. Still, it's the perfect excuse now to stay in and catch up on some DVD watching.

Hope the weather is better where you are.


STOP PRESS: The snow and sleet lasted all day into the late afternoon and then turned to rain. There's still snow on the hills this morning but it's nowhere near as cold today. It often snows at this time of year here I've found and it never lasts long, even when we have a heavy fall. It's almost like this is Winter's last hurrah, a reminder that even if she's gone for a few months now, she'll be back again to chill us all once more.


As regular readers know, I don't actually mind winter - I love crisp cold mornings when the frost nips your fingers and paints with diamonds across the world. I even love the snow - silent white blankets that muffle the world and brighten the night. It's just sleet and winter rain I can't stand!!


And if you're wondering, it was Sportsnight I was watching on DVD, courtesy of a good friend for my birthday. An awesome first out for Aaron Sorkin and many of the actors who went on to be West Wing regulars.


Posted to The 52 Week Project on Flickr

No comments: