Tuesday 12 October 2010

What's cooking?

Despite how tired I can be at the end of the day, more often than not I find cooking really does make me feel better. And those days that I'm too tired to cook from scratch, I try to make sure I always have something in the freezer that I've made earlier and can just heat through. It's very rare these days that I buy in a prepared meal - even as a treat.


This is last night's tea, creamy fish pie cooked at the weekend and a portion saved in the fridge for heating up when I got home from work. Somehow it made all the trials and tribulations of the day melt away and gave me a real sense of satisfaction. As you can see I even managed to add a bit of colour with some sliced beetroot and green 'squeaky' beans on the side. Yum!

And while it seems all too rare these days, I'm pleased to say I'm not the only one. My sister has started blogging recently about some of her recipes for busy working mums, while a friend's sister dedicates her whole blog to all things cooking. Both are inspirational to someone like me who loves cooking, and hopefully to others who maybe don't like it quite so much but want to give it a try.

If you want to give it a go, why not have a look at their blogs, get out your cookery books, watch Food shows on the the TV, take out a magazine subscription, visit your library and see what's on the shelf. Whatever it takes! It's fun, you know it is.

So, after all that, what's your favourite recipe?

No comments: