Thursday 30 December 2010

I get by...


... with a lot of help from my friends.

If you've been reading my blog over the last few days, you'll know I'm back in Canada for Christmas. And having a lovely time with my big sister and her family. And it's been made extra special by the addition of a friend from elsewhere in the Pacific North West to the PoMo madhouse that is home for this couple of weeks. Sadly she had to go home today but we had a great time while she was here and it got me to thinking about all the amazing friends (of all shapes, sizes and types) I am lucky enough to have.

I have 'real-life' friends that I see regularly (and sadly not so regularly) - both new and old. I have rediscovered friends that I thought I'd lost touch but with but am slowly reconnecting with. I have work friends and play friends. I have virtual friends that I've never met but feel like I've known forever. I have family who are friends. I have many many friends.

And what they all have in common is that they're there for me - in reality, virtually, at the end of a phone, electronically - whenever I need them, sometimes when I don't even realise yet that I need them. Those of you who read my blog regularly will know that I am truly grateful for the friends I have, for the support they give me and for the joy they bring. Hopefully they don't feel it's all a one-way street. I sometimes worry that it might feel like that, but then again, I guess they wouldn't still be hanging around if they thought it was, would they?

So, thank you Frances for a fantastic addition to my already special holiday. Thank you big sis for inviting her to join us. Thank you all my friends for always being there for me. I really hope you don't find yourselves in the position where I need to return the favour, but if you do, I only hope I can be there for you as much and as well as you've been here for me. I love you guys.

No comments: