Friday 27 May 2011

Journeys


Well, dear readers, I'm off on an adventure! Currently I'm blogging from my train seat - now arriving into Wigan - and making a mental note NOT to travel by Virgin Pendolino trains again. There's nothing wrong with the service or the comfort, other than it's making me feel incredibly travel sick. I think these are the infamous tilting trains, and my reaction is apparently not uncommon.

But the real adventure isn't the train journey but what's waiting for me at the other end. Or rather who.

Much against my normal reticence, I am heading off for what could be construed as a blind date. A friend of a friend has a friend (keeping up?) who needs a partner for a formal dinner tonight. So, I'm obliging. Not only is it someone I don't know, it's in an environment and company that I've not experienced before so I'm not quite sure what to expect.

But the big bold Bex decided to take life by the horns and say yes to this adventure. So that's why I find myself swaying (damn!) my way down to London, with a posh frock and a new pair of shoes (of course) in the case above my head, wondering what it's all going to be like. Another stage in the journey to a brand new me.

Keep your fingers crossed for me!

1 comment:

Just Frances said...

How exciting! I can't wait to hear how this adventure turns out.

(But those shoes, whilst amazingly cute, look too painful for this kid!)

xx