Sunday 8 May 2011

Tender hearted

 
I used to think The Good Morrow by John Donne was the most beautiful love poem I knew. But it's been replaced by this one.

Somewhere on the other side of this wide night
and the distance between us, I am thinking of you.
The room is turning slowly away from the moon.


This is pleasurable. Or shall I cross that out and say
it is sad? In one of the tenses I singing
an impossible song of desire that you cannot hear.


La lala la. See? I close my eyes and imagine the dark hills I would have to cross
to reach you. For I am in love with you
and this is what it is like or what it is like in words.
                                                                   Carol Ann Duffy

Bitter sweet. They're fragile things hearts - easily touched, easily hurt and all to easily broken.

Hidden symbolism of the photo, anyone?

No comments: