Ok, I've been travelling now for 7 days and still have just over a week to go. What have I done so far? Well....
- I've travelled by train, boat, bus and taxi - plus quite a bit of shanks pony if you include the sightseeing
- I've passed through 4 capital cities
- I've eaten far too much food
- I've seen some wonderful and amazing sights
- I've met some interesting people, a few of whom I could even understand..
- I've learnt more Italian - not hard since I didn't know much to start with
- I appear to have mastered eating on my own
- I am becoming an ever more confident solo traveller
- I've had so much fun
Then tomorrow I'm off to Palermo - variously described as gritty, fiesty, real and full on. Hmm, not sure what to expect. But whatever it is, it will be an experience to add to the many wonderful ones I've already had this holiday.
Care to join me?