Thursday 24 February 2011

Spring


Maybe not quite yet, but it was definitely much milder today so perhaps Spring really is on its way sometime soon.

And to help me feel a brighter, it's my birthday weekend, and it starts early tonight. A day off all to myself tomorrow, what joy!

Anyway, what today's mildness made me remember was...

Spring has sprung
The grass is riz
I wonder where them birdies is
Some say the bird is on the wing
But that's absurd
The wing is on the bird

Or something like that - there seem to be a multiplicity of variations according to Google!

1 comment:

Just Frances said...

Oh, spring is in the air. (Only not here where we're in the midst of a pretty major snow storm!)

I hope you have a great birthday weekend - and it won't be long until the daffodils are out to greet you on your walk to work. (Yay!!)