Saturday 12 February 2011

Endolphins


This morning I found myself doing my Dorothy impression. No, not the click your heels 3 times, No Place Like Home kind of Dorothy, (that was earlier in the week) but the pounding on your own round empty playing fields type Dorothy as in that fabulous all time classic film, Gregory's Girl.

Yes, this morning I went out running again for the first time since September, and I managed a not too shabby 40 mins for 3.5 miles - not quite my best 10k pace, but certainly not bad for having had a 5 month break. It was a little bit wet under foot as you can see from the condition of my running shoes afterwards, but other than that it was an exhilarating way to start the weekend.

The endolphins are definitely flowing, and helping with the residual ruby slippers feeling that I ended the week with. So much so, in fact, that I'm seriously considering signing up today for the Loch Ness Marathon in October to 'run' alongside my good friend, Frances. The aim will be to finish the 26 miles, not necessarily to run them all - and while I'll be running for myself and to exorcise my own personal demons, I'll also, like Frances, be running for her late husband and my friend, Paul, who sadly died far too young before he could achieve his ambition of running a marathon before he was 50.

So I'm off now, while I'm still on my endorphin high, to sign on the (virtual) dotted line and then I'll settle down to enjoy the rest of my sunshine filled weekend.

Posted to The 52 Week Project on Flickr

No comments: