Thursday 22 July 2010

Learning to fly ... again




I was sitting here this evening, thinking I should really blog, but to be honest, I was more than a bit bereft of inspiration. And then I started to think about what I was up to this weekend - and inspiration fell with a soft thud.


So, what is it? I hear you ask. OK, maybe not but I'm going to tell you anyway.


This weekend I'm off to view a place that's for sale and I might just be interested in buying. Nothing particularly exciting or bloggable in that perhaps, except it's the first place I've actually arranged to go and see since I moved out and into my current rented place just over a year ago. It's not that it's the first place I've seen that I've liked - it's that it's the first place I've seen that I've felt confident enough and ready to go and see. (There was one across the street from the flat but by the time I got round to it, someone else had already put in an offer!) When I moved in here I was of the opinion that this would do me quite nicely for the forseeable future - not forever, but certainly for a good wee while. I couldn't conceive of wanting to own my own place again, or of moving out of what had become my safe haven.


But now I am, and I guess that's the blog point. A year on I really feel like I'm making progress - feeling altogether human again as the advert said. I still get down occasionally (as regular readers will know!) but it's getting less and less. I do feel able to make some decisions in my life, and I'm certainly feeling a lot more in control.


So maybe I am learning to fly again - or at least taking a few exploratory steps and wing flaps. I'll let you know how I get on.

No comments: