Thursday 9 September 2010

Where does the day go?



And the minutes and the hours and the weeks?

I can't believe it's over a week already since I got back from my fabulous holiday in Spain. (I promise I will stop mentioning it soon) So what have I been doing with my time? Where has it all gone?

Well, a lot of what I've been doing has been working. I sometimes wonder if going away on holiday is a good idea or not, when you end up coming back to all the work that mounts up while you're away. With the added complexity of trying to remember what it is you were doing before you went! I've had some fairly long days since coming back, a completely full schedule and some tricky issues to deal with. I've also had some fun along the way and some (mini) successes - which is always good.

I'll not bore you with the details, but I'm smiling to myself at something I did yesterday - possibly against my better judgement but... As fans of West Wing will know, it's never a good idea in your work capacity to engage with blogs. By engaging I mean responding. Well, yesterday I did a Joshua and responded in my official capacity to a blog post. Today I sat back and watched the fun! Tomorrow I'll probably regret it, but for now, it's kind of fun.

As well as work, I've been cooking, dancing, running and crocheting. I've also been reading, something I managed not to do much of on holiday unusually for me. Inevitably, I'm reading about Spain! What I've not managed to do is write another chapter for my collaborative book project. But give me time!

But I'm also looking forward - not to wish time away, but genuinely excited about a few things coming up - my first competitive race next weekend, Scotland's first Tango Festival next year, hopefully a trip to see big sis and family at Christmas/New Year and maybe another visit to Spain too at some point.

And that's not even mentioning housework, admin, emails, blogging, chatting to friends, catching up, grocery shopping. (Although mercifully not washing the car since the neighbour's kid has very kindly offered to do it for me - I think in return for not shopping him to his folks about the party he's planning for this weekend while they're away!)

So that's where it goes then!

No comments: