Tuesday 3 August 2010

Running to stand still



Which is quite often how I feel about work and life in general but isn't actually the point of this post.

No, this blog post is to celebrate that tonight I ran 5.5 miles in 57 minutes. Not only does that put me well on track for being able to complete the Stirling 10k in September, it's also the furtherest I've ever run.

Yay, me! I'm so proud of myself. And also somewhat knackered if I'm honest!

Off to sign up now for the race so I can't change my mind.


(And in case you're wondering, the photo is of the old municipal baths in Stirling and their amazing modernist frieze - a kind of cross between Soviet art and the League of Health and Beauty!)

2 comments:

Just Frances said...

Yay for you! You must be full of en-dolphins now! You'll be 10K ready by September for sure. Up next: The Edinburgh Marathon May 2011...

pomomama said...

yee haa! you'll manage the 10k in well under an hour! keep going (glad you've got the running bug, says she who has to arrange to be re-bitten soon)