Thursday 20 January 2011

Cooking with gas


Since I came back from my fabulous Christmas holiday with my big sister in Canada, my life has been somewhat hectic and it was only this week that I started cooking again. As regular readers will know, I love cooking. It's one of the things I like to do to relax. So to have been so disorganised and unsettled as to not be cooking, well...

It's not that I haven't made anything to eat - I've been making myself porridge every morning, and sandwiches for supper. I cooked a poached egg earlier this week but it wasn't until Tuesday that I made my first proper dish - mushroom risotto, a recipe I know so well I could make it in my sleep properly.

And tonight I was inspired to make a yummy prawn curry - all from scratch (apart from the curry paste that is) and very good it was too. In fact, I was so pleased that I was inspired to cook that I decided to document it for posterity.

So I started with the chopping:


And then there was some stirring:


followed by some simmering:

 
And then finishing with the eating!


Yum!!

2 comments:

Just Frances said...

Looks yummy! Can't wait to invite myself 'round for dinner!

Bex said...

You're more than welcome any time!