Tuesday 4 January 2011

Pooped


Another of my resolutions for 2011 is to take more exercise. It is somewhat ironic that while 2010 was the year I took up running and ran my first 10k road race, this is the least fit I've been in a long time. It hasn't helped that I haven't run since my 10k back in September (excuses being - needing new shoes, rain, dark nights, snow) or that the gym I used to go to closed down and I haven't quite got round to joining another. But the upshot is that I am so out of condition - and I don't think I can just blame it on the 'flu either!

So when big sis and I went out snow shoeing at Cypress today, it was a bit sore on theold (sadly true these days!) muscles - the gluteal ones to be precise! But it was also very very pretty, so it was all worth it - and heck, I might even have kick started my body into wanting more exercise. You never know!


I don't think the foot wear will ever catch on though!


Posted to The 52 Week Project on Flickr

2 comments:

pomomama said...

there's nothing like a good butt-kicking hike thru a forest on snowshoes to celebrate the new year :)

KY said...

The shoes look very post modern and a lot more comfortable than some of the things you wear